楠木軒

生活中的ABC|00047期-和“way”有關的習語有這麼多?

由 夏德才 發佈於 經典

外語教育 勾劃未來

All the way 一直

定義:整個距離,做一切必要的事情

We drove all the way to Phoenix yesterday.

昨天我們一路開車去了鳳凰城。

I'm sure they will make it all the way to finals.

我相信他們會一直晉級決賽的。

In a bad way 以一種不好的方式

定義:在非常消極的情況下感覺不好

I'm afraid Mary's in a bad way. She needs our help.

恐怕瑪麗處境不好。她需要我們的幫助。

That car looks like it's in a bad way.

那輛車看起來不太好。

In a big way 在很大程度上

定義:非常

I believe in that company in a big way.

我非常信任那家公司。

He enjoys tennis in a big way.

他超級喜歡網球。

In a family way 懷孕

定義:懷孕的

Mary is in a family way.

瑪麗懷孕了。

I hear that Jennifer is in a family way.

我聽説詹妮弗懷孕啦。

It cuts both ways 雙面性

定義:每個爭論都有兩面性,別忘了別人也參與其中

Don't forget that it cuts both ways.

別忘記有利也有弊。

Be nice to people when you beat them. Remember it cuts both ways.

當你打敗別人時要對他們好。記住它是雙向的。

It cuts two ways 有利有弊

定義:每個爭論都有兩面性,別忘了別人也參與其中

Some people forget that it cuts two ways and treat others poorly.

有些人忘記了他們是兩面派,對其他人不好。

Never forget that it cuts two ways.

別忘了它有兩種方式。

No way! 不可能!/沒門!

定義:對一句話感到驚訝時表示懷疑

—I like Justin Bieber. —No way!

——我喜歡賈斯汀·比伯。——不可能!

Peter and Jane are going to get married. - No way!

彼得和珍馬上要結婚了。

Only way to go 唯一的出路

定義:最佳解決方案

I bought a Wilson tennis racket. They're they only way to go.

我買了一個威爾遜網球拍。他們是唯一的方法。

If you go to Hawaii, stay in Maui. It's the only way to go.

如果你去夏威夷,就呆在毛伊島。這是唯一的出路。

Out of the way 讓開

定義:不妨礙進展

You need to stay out of the way of your kids when they are teenagers.

當你的孩子十幾歲的時候,你需要遠離他們。

Good bosses stay out of the way of their employees.

好的老闆不會妨礙他們的員工。

That way 戀愛

定義:戀愛

Peter and Tom are that way.

彼得和湯姆戀愛了。

Jason's that way, but she doesn't feel the same.

傑森感覺戀愛了,但她感覺不一樣。

Two-way street 雙向的

定義:兩個人都一樣

Love is a two-way street.

愛情是雙向的。

Never forget that your business associates are in a relationship with you that is a two-way street.

永遠不要忘記你的商業夥伴和你的關係是雙向的。

Way down 真的

定義:真實,真實的感覺

Way down he feels he should go back to university.

他覺得他應該回到大學。

I know she loves me way down.

我知道她非常愛我。

Way off (base)

定義:錯得離譜

I think your opinion of Tom is way off base.

我認為你對湯姆的看法太離譜了。

I was way off base about Mary. She really is a great person.

我對瑪麗的看法太離譜了。她真是個好人。

Way out

定義:瘋狂,難以置信

That theory about UFOs is way out.

關於不明飛行物的理論已經過時了。

Jack seems a little way out to me.

傑克對我來説有點瘋瘋的。

Way to go!

定義:讚歎

Way to go, Tom! I knew you would get the job.

幹得好,湯姆!我就知道你會得到這份工作。

你們學會了嗎?

我們明天見!

喜歡今天的文章,別忘了在文末右下角點個“在看”,並轉發給更多人看。

-END-

【版權説明】

文章來源於網絡。版權歸原作者所有;

東方紅外語研究社尊重原創,如涉及版權問題請聯繫我們處理。