每日新聞
加利福尼亞州好萊塢
Hollywood, California.
一座星光熠熠的新興城市
Tinseltown is boomtown.
好萊塢
戰爭期間 洛杉磯成為了戰時工業中心
During the war, Los Angeles grew as a hub of wartime industry,
生產各種飛機和彈?藥?
producing all manner of aircraft and ammunition
支撐著我們遠在海外征戰的男兒們
to support our fighting men overseas.
如今戰爭已結束
The war now over,
許多樂觀的夢想家們
many of these starry-eyed
都希望在電影界闖出一片天
dreamers hope to make it in moving pictures,
陳年舊愛
他們像蝗蟲般聚集在製片廠大門外
swarming like so many locusts outside the studio gates,
王牌製片廠
盼望著能獲得一個臨時角色
hoping to score a role as an extra
一舉成為下一個保羅·穆尼或海蒂·拉瑪
and become the next Paul Muni or Hedy Lamarr.
製片廠系統就是王道
The studio system is king,
如果你走對每一步棋
and if you make all the right moves,
雷電華電影公?司?
你也可以住進比佛利山莊
you too could be living in Beverly Hills,
在你的私人泳池裡嬉戲
splashing in your private pool
並受邀參加各種名流派對
with invitations to all the right parties.
致敬席德·格勞曼
甚至可以在格勞曼的
You might even become immortalized
中國戲院中永垂不朽
at Grauman's Chinese Theatre.
美麗溫潤的南加州陽光
The rewards for ambition are bountiful here
對野心的饋贈慷慨有加
in the beautiful Southern California sun.
好萊塢
第一集
王牌製片廠
不好意思 借過
Pardon me. Beg your pardon.
抱歉 借過
Sorry, excuse me.
不好意思
Excuse me, pardon me.
不好意思 借過 抱歉
Excuse me, coming through. Sorry.
-路 -傑克 快過來 小子
- Hiya, Lou! - Hey, Jackie. Get over here, kid.
-你幾點到的 -一小時前吧
- Say, what time'd you get here? - About an hour ago,
-早起的鳥兒有蟲吃嘛 -確實
- early birds getting worms and such. - Sure.
他們還在鏡約翰·法羅的片子
They're still lensing the John farrow picture
阿倫·列特和唐娜·裡德主演
with Alan Ladd and Donna Reed.
-"鏡" -鏡
- "Lensing"? - Lensing.
好萊塢行話裡的"拍攝"
It's how you say "Filmmaking" in Hollywoodese.
你得學學這些術語
You gotta learn the lingo.
比利·懷爾德正掌著弗朗茲·約瑟夫的電影...
Billy Wilder is helming a picture with Emperor Franz--
指卡爾海因茨·伯姆
其在《茜茜公主》系列影片中
扮演弗朗茲·約瑟夫皇帝
因而大享盛名
-"掌" -導演的意思
- "Helming"? - Directing.
平·克勞斯貝 瓊·芳登 票房?絕對大賣??
Bing Crosby, Joan Fontaine, it's gonna be boffo BO.
她覺得我們今天會從
And she thinks we're gonna start the day
舞廳那場大戲開拍
on the big ballroom scene.
需要很多群演 站在潘趣大酒杯旁的人
Lots of extras. People standing by the punch bowl,
他們從大門進來時 穿過走廊的人
folks crossing the hallway when they enter the big door.
我覺得我有希望演這場
I think I got a real shot at that one.
有沒有西部片或戰爭片之類的
What about a western or war picture? Something like that.
他們在做這種嗎
They making any of those?
不要說"做片子"
You don't say "Making a movie,"
傑克 是拍電影 "拍"
Jack. You produce a movie, "Produce."
如果你想出人頭地 必須瞭解這些術語
You gotta know this stuff if you wanna make it big time.
她來了 那個老戈耳工
Here she comes, the old gorgon herself.
希臘神話中的蛇發女怪
聽好了 我只說一次
Okay, listen up. I'm only gonna say this once.
第一條 不要盯著攝像頭
Rule number one, do not look at the camera.
第二條 不要找導演說話
Rule number two, do not talk to the director.
事實上 最好完全不要說話
In fact, a good rule of thumb is to not talk at all.
第三條
Rule number three,
如果你在攝影棚看到一盤食物 不要吃
if you see a platter of food on the sound stage, do not eat it.
那不是給你的 是給演員們還有劇組人員準備的
That is not for you. That is for the actors and the crew.
如果你在片場看到食物 不要吃 那是道具
If you see food on the set, do not eat that. That is a prop.
規矩都說完了
Now we have that out of the way.
今天 我們要鏡的是一部戰爭片
Today, we're lensing a scene from a war pic.
-鏡 -飛機墜毀後
- Lensing. - Seven were saved
有七人被救
where the plane goes down,
還有一群乘客 先在水裡撲騰
and a bunch of passengers flail around in the water
然後死掉 懂了嗎
and then die, okay?
好 你
All right, uh, you,
-還有你... -謝謝
- and you... - Thanks!
你 你 和你...
You, you and you...
你...
you...
你...
uh, you...
還有...
and...
你
you.
好了 謝謝大家
Okay, thank you very much.
今天就到這 明天見
That's it for today. See y'all tomorrow.
不好意思 羅斯威爾女士
Excuse me, Ms. Roswell.
留步 我是傑克·卡斯泰洛
Beg your pardon, Jack Castello.
我覺得我很適合你的戰爭片
I think I'd be great in your war picture.
溺水那場 我在安齊奧打過仗
The drowning scene? You see, I fought at Anzio.
-你訓練過嗎 -當然 在佐治亞州班寧堡訓練的
- Oh, you have training? - Sure, Fort Benning, Georgia.
我指的是表演訓練
Mm, I mean acting training.
-你參加過嗎 -沒有
- You got any of that? - Well, no.
像你這樣的帥小夥
Good-looking kid like you,
覺得只要一出場 彈指一揮間
you think you just gotta show up and poof,
就成電影明星了 對吧
you're a movie star, huh?
可惜現實不是這樣
Well, that ain't how it works.
漂亮臉蛋 但沒訓練
Pretty face, but no training.
小子 像你這樣的一抓一大把
Kid, you're a dime a dozen.
聽著 在這裡第一次突破很難
Look, first breaks are tough in this town.
別太自責
Don't beat yourself up.
不不不
No, no, no, no.
有人付過了
Already taken care of.
-他想幹嘛 -不知道
- What does he want? - Don't know.
可能他覺得你看起來很飢渴吧
Maybe he thought you looked thirsty.
你想申請約兩萬美元的貸款對嗎
Now, you're looking for a loan of about $20,000?
沒錯 剛好夠買??一幢不大不小的房?子
Yes, that's right. Just enough for a modest home.
不錯 我們看看你的申請表吧
Swell, let's take a look at your application.
上面寫著你是個退伍軍人 卡斯泰洛先生
I see you're a veteran, Mr. Castello.
謝謝你為國服役
Thank you for your service.
以及卡斯泰洛太太 你是個服務員
And Mrs. Castello, you are a waitress.
對 我打算一直工作到寶寶出生
Yes, and I intend to keep working until the baby arrives.
那麼你已經有孕在身了
So, you're expecting?
恭喜恭喜
Well, congratulations.
卡斯泰洛先生
And Mr. Castello,
上面寫著你是個電影演員
it says here you're a film actor.
你演過我可能知道的電影嗎
Any pictures I might know you from?
可能沒有
Ah, probably not.
對我來說 演出不為名氣 而為技藝
Uh, to me, it's not about the notoriety, it's about the craft.
在於每天都要去工作 你懂的
It's about showing up to work every day, you know.
-對於一個群演 這意味著... -抱歉 什麼
- And for a super, that can mean-- - I'm sorry, a what?
龍套演員 跑龍套的演員
Oh, a supernumerary. A supernumerary.
-指"臨時演員" -指"群眾演員"
- It means "Extra." - It means "Background actor."
這才是正規說法
That's the proper term.
從許多意義上來看
In many ways,
我們為場景真實性所做的貢獻
we contribute to the reality of the scene
甚至大過主演
even more so than the principal actors.
可我沒在這裡看到你的收入
But I don't see any income here.
沒有 目前還沒有 不過...
Uh, no, presently not, but, uh...
我明天有個試鏡
But hey! I've got a casting tomorrow,
如果他們選我 就有十美元進賬了
and if they pick me, that's ten dollars in my pocket!
好吧
Very well.
很遺憾 卡斯泰洛先生 太太
Unfortunately, Mr. And Mrs. Castello,
根據你們目前的收入水平
we would be unable to provide a loan of the size
我們無法為你們提供所希望的貸款額度
that you're seeking based on your current income.
謝謝您的接待 先生
Listen, thank you for your time, sir.
熱混合堅果
時運不濟 是吧
One of those days, huh?
調酒師 麻煩再來兩杯
Bartender, two more, please.
-你為什麼請我喝酒 -向退伍兵致敬
- Why are you buying me drinks? - To thank you for your service.
你服過役 是吧 在哪打的仗
更多內容請百度搜索:可小果