電視連續劇英語教學片《走遍美國》
快易準英語字幕
第63集走遍美國A Big Fish in a Lit'tle Pond 21-3
小池塘的大魚(職業選擇)
I lov'e my school.I hav'e so man'y good friend's there now.
我喜歡我的學校。我現在有那麼多好朋友在那。
I wouldn”t miss a day eve'n if I were rea'lly sick.
即使我真的病了也不想錯過一天。
Com'e and sit down for amin'ute,Michel'le.
過來坐一會兒米歇爾。
I”d like to talk toyou abou't som'ething.
我想跟你談一件事。
Som'ething impor'tant.
一件重要的事情。
What ”s wrong,Su'zan?
有什麼問題嗎?蘇珊。
Oh,there”s noth'ing wrong,Michel'le.
噢,沒什麼米歇爾。
But your dad'dy and I are tal'king abou't som'ething
但爸爸和我正在討論一件事情。
that I”d like your opin'ion about'.
我需要你的意見。
I know.I heard you tal'king abou't it
我知道。我聽到你們談論的那件事,
theoth'er night when I was try'ing on my new clo'thes.
也就是我試新衣服的那天晚上,
It”s abou't mo'ving to Los An'ge.le`s.
是關於搬家到洛杉磯的事情。
You”re right.How doyou feel abou't it?
説對了,你覺得怎麼樣?
ell,I rea'lly wouldn”t want to move',but...
噢,我實在不願意搬家,但是…
But?
但是什麼?
But if you and Dad'dy wanted to,
但是假如你和爸爸想搬的話,
I guess' you know what ”s best for the fam'ily and for me.
我猜想你們一定知道怎樣做對整個家庭和我是最有利的。
That ”s ve'ry consid'erate ofyou,Michel'le.
你真會體諒人米歇爾。
But what abou't your friend's?
但你的朋友怎麼辦?
I”d miss them a lot,
我會非常想念他們。
but I know what it feels like to miss som'eon`e.
但我知道想念一個人是什麼樣的滋味。
Hon'ey,we do'n”t hav'e to move'
親愛的,我們不是非搬不可,
if you”re not going to be hap'py abou't it.
假如你會因為這種事而不快樂的話。
Does' Dad'dy want to move'?
爸爸想要搬嗎?
I think so.He”s going to tell us tonight' abou't the job of'fer.
我想是這樣。他今天晚上會告訴我們關於那份工作的事。
Well,how was ev'erybod'y”s day today'?
喂,今天各位過得怎麼樣?
Michel'le was chosen to do
米歇爾被挑選去
the school po'ster for the play this year.
今年學校話劇的海報。
Congrat`u`la'tions,Michel'le!That ”s som'ething!
恭喜,米歇爾太好了!
And how was your day,Su'zan?
那你今天過得怎麼樣?蘇珊。
I see you”re in a good mood.
我看你心情很好。
Why do'n”t you tell us abou't your day.
何不告訴我們你這一天過得如何。
I met with Bill York.
我與比爾.約克會面了。
It”s OK to talk abou't it,Har'ry.
這件事可以攤開來談了哈利。
Michel'le knows all abou't it.
米歇爾已經全知道了。
Rea'lly?
真的?
Rea'lly,Har'ry.
真的,哈利。
Michel'le and I hav'e all ki'nds of fee'lings
米歇爾和我感覺很複雜,
abou't lea'ving New York,the fam'ily,and friend's.
對於離開紐約家人和朋友。
But if you think you should take the job,we”re behi'nd you.
但如果你認為你應該接受這份工作,我們支持你。
What abou't Michel'le”s school?
那米歇爾的學校怎麼辦?
We”ll move' a'fter the school term.
我們等這學期結束後再搬。
What abou't her new friend's?
那她的新朋友呢?
I”ll make new friend's where`v'er we are as long as we”re toge th'er.
只要我們能在一起,無論在哪兒我都能交到新朋友。
We”re a fam'ily,Har'ry.
我們是一家人哈利。
What ev'er you think is right for you is right for us.
你認為對你是好事,對我們來説也是好事。
I am so touch'ed.The two ofyou are rea'lly som'ething.
我太感動了。你們倆個真是了不起。
We lov'e you,Dad'dy.
我們愛你,爸爸。
And I lov'e you.
我也愛你們。
OK.Now,tell us abou't your talk with Mr.York.
好啦,現在告訴我們你跟約克先生的談話吧。
Did you take the job?
你接受了那份工作了嗎?
Nope.
沒有。
What ?
什麼?
No? You didn”t take it?
沒有?你沒有接受?
No,I did not take the job.
對,我沒有接受那份工作。
But,Dad'dy,I thought...
但是,爸爸,我想……
Har'ry,you didn”t turn it down becau'se of me?
哈利,你拒絕它該不是因為我吧?
Or me?
或者我?
No,no.I turned it down becau'se of me.
不不。我是因為我自己而拒絕了它。
How”s that ?
這是怎麼一回事?
Well,I began' to think abou't you and abou't Michel'le,
噢,我開始想到你和米歇爾,
and then I a'sked my`self',
然後我問自己,
do I rea'lly want to work for the big'gest com'pany in the coun'try?
我真的想替全國最大的公司工作嗎?
And?
結果呢?
And I do'n”t.
我不想這樣
I went intobu'siness for my`self'
我當初自己開公司,
becau'se I like being my own boss.
是因為我喜歡自己當老闆。
I run my own com'pany.I”m a big fish in a lit'tle pond.
我經營自己的公司。我是一條小池裏的大魚。
I”m not rea'lly sure I want to be a lit'tle fish in a big pond.
我不是真的很確定我想成為一條大池裏的小魚。
Oh,Dad'dy,does' that mean we do'n”t hav'e to move'?
噢,爸爸,你的意思是我們不必搬家了?
That ”s right,swee'the art`.
是的,寶貝。
Areyou sure?
你確定?
I couldn”t be more sure,Su'zan.
我再確定不過了蘇珊。
I”m glad if you are,Har'ry.
假如你很確定的話,我就高興,哈利。
And beside's,
更何況,
how could I liv'e in Los An'ge.le`s
我怎麼能住在洛杉磯,
when all my fa'vorite peo'ple liv'e here?
而所有我喜歡的人都在這裏。
Your fa'vorite peo'ple?
你喜歡的人?
Who”s that ?
誰呀?
The Stew'art fam'ily,of course.
當然是斯圖爾特一家人了。