電視連續劇英語教學片《走遍美國》
快易準英語字幕
第60集走遍美國Qual'ity Time 20-3
高質量的時間(夫妻合作)
Good mor'ning.
早安。
What a won'derful mor'ning!
多麼美好的早晨啊!
Do'n”t the flow'ers smell won'derful?
花兒聞起來好香,不是嗎?
Good mor'ning,El'len.
早安,艾倫。
Yes,they do.
是的,花兒好香。
That ”s why I”m rea'ding my pa'per and hav'ing my cof'fee
這就是今天早上為什麼我看報紙喝咖啡,
on the pat'i.o` this mor'ning.
要在院子裏。
Ah,it does' smell sweet.
噢,它們確實很香。
How was your school-board mee'ting la'st night?
昨天晚上你們的聯合校董會開得怎麼樣?
You must”ve com'e home ve'ry late.
一定很晚才回家。
Did you fi'nd the san'dwich I made for you?
你找到我為你做的三明治了嗎?
Thanks,dear.
謝謝,親愛的。
I was so tired
我太累了
I didn”t eve'n fin'ish it.
沒有能吃完它。
Phil'ip,I”ve been wor'king on this speci'al proj'ect`
菲利普,我一直在研擬一項特別計劃,
withthe school board,
和聯合校董會一起
and I”d like your opin'ion abou't it.
我需要你的意見。
What is it?
是個什麼樣的計劃?
I”ve been try'ing to fi'nd
我一直在尋求
a way to encour'age rea'ding.
鼓勵閲讀的辦法。
Good luck!
祝你好運!
Well,I think I may hav'e found away to do it.
噢,我想我也許已找到一種辦法説給我聽吧。
I work with fam'ilies eve'ry day,El'len.
我每天的工作就是接觸一些家庭,艾倫。
I see how peo'ple spend their leis'ure time--
我看到人們怎樣利用閒暇時間
young' and o'ld.
不管是年輕的還是年老的
Mo'stly wat'ching tel'evision.
大部分是看電視。
Well,that would be OK
那倒沒有什麼關係
if,and I repea't,
只要,我重複一遍
if peo'ple took the time to read.
只要人們肯花時間去閲讀
I couldn”t agree' withyou more.
我徹底同意你的看法。
The ques'tion is,
問題是
how do we get them to read more?
我們怎樣才能使他們多閲讀?
I think
我想
you”re going togiv'e me thea'nswer tothat ques'tion.
你是要給我這個問題的答案
You hav'e that look in youreye.
你的眼睛顯示出已有了答案。
I do hav'e an a'nswer,Phil'ip.
我確實有一個答案菲利普。
Or at least I think I do.
至少我想我有了答案。
Well,tell me abou't it.
那麼,告訴我吧。
The plan is a sim'ple one.
計劃很簡單。
Invol've the entire' fam'ily in a rea'ding proj'ect`.
讓整個家庭都參與閲讀計劃。
In the home?
在家中?
Yes,in the home.
是的,在家中。
But first in the school-rooms.
但首先是在教室裏。
Hmm,in'teresting.
嗯,有意思。
But how doyou plan to dothat ?
但,你預備怎麼做呢?
By arra'nging withthe pub'lic schools
首先,從公立學校開始
tosched'ule` one hour a week--to start with.
安排每星期一個小時。
Dur'ing that time
在那一小時
par'ents are invite'd to attend'--
家長被邀請來參加
and to read along' withthe chil'dren--their chil'dren.
和孩子們,他們的孩子們一起閲讀。
It can go beyond' the school sys'tem,El'len.
這可以推廣到學校體制以外艾倫。
Rea'lly?
真的?
I guar`antee' you it would go ve'ry well in the hos'pitals.
我保證在醫院這種計劃會推行得很好。
My pa'tients--mo'stly kids--
我的病人大多數是孩子
would lov'e to read and be read to.
會喜歡閲讀,喜歡別人讀給他們聽的。
You think so?
你想會是這樣嗎?
I know so.
我確定知道是這樣。
May'be we can expe'riment with your pa'tients
也許我們可以在你的病人中試試,
and see how the plan works.
看看這項計劃實施得如何。
I lov'e the i`dea'.
我喜歡這個主意。
Would you work with me on it?
你願意和我一起來做嗎?
I would lov'e to,Phil'ip.
我當然願意,菲利普。
And that way,
而且那樣的話
we”ll spend more time togeth'er,El'len.
我們會有更多的時間在一起艾倫。
We just do'n”t see each oth'er an'y more.
我們彼此幾乎見不到面了
You and I are ve'ry bu'sy thes edays.
這些天來我們倆都很忙。
This is true.
這倒是事實。
We need to fi'nd time to be togeth'er more,
我們確實需要多找時間相聚一下,
to do things togeth'er more--you and I.
也需要多在一起工作。
This would be a won'derful way to accom'plish that.
這倒是達到這個目的的絕佳辦法。
I hav'e a ques'tion.
我有一個問題。
Yes?
是嗎?
What do we read?
我們讀些什麼呢?
Tothe pa'tients in the ward?
讀給病房的病人聽?
Yes.
是的。
Well,
好
let you and I talk abou't it.
我們就來討論一下。
What would you like to read tothem ?
你想讀些什麼給他們聽?
Mrs.Stew'art and I
斯圖爾特太太和我
will read a po'em by Rob'ert Frost.
要朗讀羅伯特.弗羅斯特作的一首詩
It”s called
它的題目是
Stop'ping by Woods on a Sno'wy Eve'ning.
雪夜林邊小駐。
Would you begin',El'len?
可以開始了嗎?艾倫
All right.
好的。
"Stop'ping by Woods on a Sno'wy Eve'ning"
雪夜林邊小駐
by Rob'ert Frost.
羅伯特.弗羅斯特作。
Whose woods these are I think Iknow.
這是誰的林子,我想我知道。
His house is in the vil'lage though;
雖然他的屋子是在村子裏。
He will not see me stop'ping here
他不會看到我駐足此地,
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
注視他落滿雪花的林子。
My lit'tle horse must think it queer
我的小馬一定感到奇怪,
To stop without' a farm'house` near
為何停在沒有農舍的地方,
Between' the woods and froze'n lake
就在林子和冰湖之間,
The dar'kest eve'ning ofthe year.
在這一年中最漆黑的夜晚,
He giv'es his har'ness bells a shake
搖動繩上的鈴鐺,
Toa'sk if there is som'e mistake'.
想問問是否搞錯了。
The o'nly oth'er sound”s the sweep of ea'sy wind and down flake.
徐風掠過和細雪紛飛,
The woods are lov'ely,dark and deep,
林子迷人,漆黑而深邃,
But I hav'e prom'ises to keep,
但是我有約要赴,
And miles to go before' I sleep,
在我就寢前還得趕許多里,
And miles to go before' I sleep.
在我就寢前還得趕許多里路。
You two belong' on stage! That was won'derful!
你們倆簡直是職業演員.太棒了!
Gran'dpa`!
爺爺!
Dad...Rob'bie.When did you com'e?
爸爸…羅比。你們什麼時候來的?
We”ve been lis'tening toyou bo'th.
我們一直在聽你們朗誦。
These are luc'ky kids.
這是一羣幸運的孩子。
Doyou enjoy' rea'ding togeth'er?
你們喜歡在一起朗誦嗎?
Well,we may read togeth'er aloud' at home.
嗯.我們或許可以在家裏一起大聲朗誦。
You were right,Rob'bie.
你做對了羅比。
I know.
我知道。