你確定看病的英語是“go to hospital”?看地道英語怎麼説!
還記得週一的微信嗎?華生與大家分享瞭如何表達自己的身體的不適與請假的辦法。那麼今天,咱們就該“順理成章”地去看醫生了。畢竟有病沒病,去開個病假單總是要的。
不過,去醫院看病的英語可不是“go to hospital”,這是中式英語。你可能覺得奇怪,從語法和思路上來説這都沒錯,怎麼就“中式”了?
其實這個是習慣問題。由於國情和環境不同,對於看病這件事,地道的英語裏更喜歡用“看醫生”這個説法。
In China you are sick you go to hospital. In many western countries, when you see the doctor, he or she often has their own practice (work place).
(在中國如果你病了你會去醫院。在很多西方國家,當你去看醫生的時候,他們經常會有自己的診療場所)
I need to go to the doctor
(我要去看醫生)
I’d like to see a doctor
(我想看醫生)
I have a doctor’s appointment
(我和醫生預約好了)
I need a doctor
(我需要一位醫生)
I want to get a doctor
(我想找一位醫生來)
Please call a doctor
(請幫我找一位醫生來)
Please call me an ambulance.
(請幫我叫救護車)
I need an ambulance now.
(我現在需要一輛救護車)
Please get an ambulance.
(請找來一輛救護車)
當然,醫生並非只有“doctor”這一種方式表述。在國外,根據專業不同,醫護類的職業有以下這10種常見稱呼:
GP/ General Practitioner(全科醫生)
A 'General Practitioner' is the name we give to a general family doctor who you see at a centre near where you live. The health centre is called a 'practice'.
(我們通常稱一個家庭的常規大夫為“全科醫生”,你可以在居住地附近的醫療中心找到他們,而這樣的地方通常被稱為“practice”)
Specialist / Consultant(專家顧問)
A 'specialist' is a doctor who is an expert in one particur area - (e.g. ears, nose and throat, or ENT).
(專家是指精通某個領域的專門醫生,比如耳鼻喉科)
Surgeon(外科醫生)
A 'surgeon' performs operations on people in a hospital.
(外科醫生通常會在醫院給人們做手術)
Theatre nurse(手術室護士)
A 'heatre nurse' is a nurse who helps with operations in 'an operating theatre'.
(手術室護士會在手術室裏提供手術協助)
Dentist(牙科醫生)
A 'dentist' is a doctor who works on teeth.
(照看你牙齒的醫生)
Dental hygienist(牙科衞生員)
A 'dental hygienist' cleans people's teeth and then teaches them how to clean their own teeth properly.
(牙科衞生院幫人們清潔牙齒並告訴他們如何正確清潔牙齒)
Chiropodist(手足科大夫)
A 'chiropodist' looks after feet.
(看腳的大夫)
Optician(驗光師)
An 'optician' specialises in eyes. You go to an optician when you need glasses or contact lenses.
(如果你需要配眼鏡你需要去找專業檢查眼睛的驗光師)
Paramedic(醫務人員)
A 'paramedic' arrives at the scene of an accident and can give emergency medical treatment.
(醫務人員會在發生事故時抵達現場並提供緊急處理和救治)
Vet / Vetenarian(獸醫)
A 'vet' is a doctor for animals.
(給動物看病的大夫)
go to the doctor / see a doctor(去看醫生)
GP / General Practitioner(全科醫生)
Specialist / Consultant(專家顧問)
Surgeon(外科醫生)
Theatre nurse(手術室護士)
Dentist(牙科醫生)
Dental hygienist(牙科衞生員)
Chiropodist(手足科大夫)
Optician(驗光師)
Paramedic(護理人員)
Vetenarian / Vet(獸醫)
其實,中國人愛説“去醫院”,外國人愛説“看醫生”,這之間不僅是文化差異,還有醫療體系間的差異。比如老外喜歡去診所看病,或者有自己專門的個人醫生。所以,在他們概念了病了以後就得去找“醫生”,而不是找“醫院”。