學英文經常會遇到單詞都認識,
之後就高興的認為只要逐字翻譯就是整句話,
於是就有了how are you 譯為怎麼是你,
how old are you 怎麼總是你,這樣的尷尬英文,
下面最高頻被逐字翻譯的錯誤英文,中槍幾個!
What do you do?
=What do you do for a living.
不是問正在做什麼,而是你的工作是什麼
What do you do?
你是做什麼工作的
I'm a teacher in Wall Street English.
我是華爾街英語的英文老師
Eat one's words
=Take back one's words
收回之前説的話
Someday you'll have to eat your words.
總有一天,你將不得不收回你所説過的話
What else is new?
=Unsurprising
意料之中,沒什麼稀奇
What else is new?And, tell me something I don't know.
早就知道了,還有我不知道的嗎?
You are easy
=Easy
容易,輕易
You've seen only with your eyes, so you are easy to fool.
你只用眼睛看事情,很容易被騙
What eating you?
=What's bothering you?
什麼在困擾你
You seem worried. What is eating you up?
你好像很焦慮,在煩什麼呢?