電視連續劇英語教學片《走遍美國》
快易準英語字幕
第66集走遍美國Career' Choices 22-3
職業選擇(在家帶孩子做服裝設計)
Hi,big guy.
嗨,好小子。
That must be Ri'ta Mae.
一定是麗塔.梅。
She sure got here quick'ly.
她來得真快。
That ”s a good sign.
這是個好兆頭。
She must like you and your work,Mari'lyn.
她一定是喜歡你和你的工作瑪麗蓮。
I think she”s just an'xious to see Max.
我覺得她只是急着想看麥克斯。
She lov'es chil'dren.
她喜歡孩子。
Hi,Mari'lyn.
嗨,瑪麗蓮。
Wel'com'e.
歡迎。
It”s so nice ofyou to com'e.
你能來真好。
Oh,I just wanted to see your ba'by,Max.
噢,我只是想看看你的寶貝麥克斯。
Hel`lo',Ri'ta Mae.
哈嘍,麗塔.梅。
I hav'en”t seen you since the hos'pital.
自從醫院相遇之後再也沒有見到你了。
I”m El'len Stew'art,Mari'lyn”s moth'er-in-law.
我叫艾倫.斯圖爾特,瑪麗蓮的婆婆。
We met at the hos'pital.Hel`lo'.
我們在醫院見過。哈嘍。
-How areyou?
-你好嗎?
-I remem'ber.
-我記起來啦。
How areyou?
你好嗎?
Oh,and there is Max!
噢,麥克斯在那!
Oh! My,how he”s grown !
噢!天啊,他長這麼大了!
A lit'tle pres'ent for Max.
給麥克斯的一件小禮物。
Oh,it”s beau'tiful,Ri'ta Mae!
噢,太漂亮了,麗塔.梅。
You shouldn”t hav'e.
你不該這樣破費的。
It”s noth'ing.
沒什麼。
It”s just a lit'tle pres'ent for Max.
這僅僅是給麥克斯的一件小禮物。
Can I get you som'e cof'fee or tea or a co'ld drink,Ri'ta Mae?
要咖啡,茶或者冷飲嗎?麗塔.梅?
Oh,noth'ing,thank you.
噢,什麼也不要,謝謝你
Well,I will leave you two to talk.
嗯,我走開,你們談談吧
Com'e on,you big guy.
過來,你這個好小子。
Yes,com'e on.
是的,過來。
That ”s it.
就這樣。
It”s nice see'ing you.
非常高興見到你。
Let me know if you need an'y thing.
假如你需要什麼就通知我。
Thanks,El'len.
謝謝艾倫。
Thanks,El'len.
謝謝艾倫。
OK,Mari'lyn.
好了,瑪麗蓮。
You sounded like you”ve made a decis'ion when you called me.
你打電話給我的時候好像已經作了決定了?
I”m all ears.
我洗耳恭聽。
I hav'e made a decis'ion,Ri'ta Mae.
我已經做了決定麗塔.梅。
I”ve decide'd to stay at home and be a full-time moth'er.
我決定留在家裏做一個專職母親
I”m dis`appoin'ted,but I respect' your decis'ion.
我很失望,但我尊重你的決定
If I had a chi'ld as cute as Max,
假如我有一個像麥克斯這樣可愛的孩子。
I might dothe same thing.
我也可能會做同樣的決定。
But I hav'en”t fin'ished telling you
但我還沒有對你説完
theoth'er ha'lf of my decis'ion.
我這個決定的另一半。
Theoth'er ha'lf?
另一半?
Yes.
是的。
I think I can stay at home
我覺得我可以待在家裏
and take care of Max and contin'ue` my career'.
一面照顧孩子,同時繼續我的事業。
Sounds in'teresting.
聽起來很有趣。
Let me hear it.
説給我聽聽。
Doyou remem'ber
你記得嗎?
our talks abou't custom-design'ed dresses for the bout'ique?
我們曾經談過為時裝店設計訂購的服裝。
I sure do.
我當然記得。
Why ca'n”t I design' dresses for you here at home?
為什麼我不能在家為你設計服裝呢?
And make them here.
在這兒縫。
Hav'e the fit'tings here,too.
也在這裏試穿。
And I could dothe sel'ling and the pri'cing at the bout'ique.
而我在時裝店負責銷售和標價。
Exac'tly.
就是這樣。
Oh!
噢
What ki'nd of dresses would you design'?
打算設計哪種服裝?
I”ve thought abou't that for som'e time.
我已經想過一陣子了。
Yes?
真的?
Wed'ding dresses.
結婚禮服。
Wed'ding dresses?
結婚禮服?
Bril'liant i`dea'!
這個主意真棒!
There”s a big mar'ket today' in wed'ding dresses.
結婚禮服在目前有很大的市場。
That ”s what I thought.
我也是這樣想的。
I like the i`dea' ve'ry much.
我很喜歡這個主意。
And if it”s success'ful,
假如成功的話,
we can expand' toall ki'nds of dresses.
我們可以擴展到所有種類的服裝。
That ”s what I thought.
我也正這樣想。
As a mat'ter of fact,
事實上。
I hav'e a cus'tomer for your first wed'ding dress.
我已經有了你的第一套結婚禮服的顧客。
My niece isget'ting mar'ried,
我侄女即將結婚。
and I”ve been try'ing to fi'nd just the right thing for her.
而我一直在為她找件合適的東西。
Mari'lyn,you”re going to design' my niece”s dress.
瑪麗蓮 現在就靠你來設計我侄女的結婚禮服。
That ”ll be our first one,
這將成為我們的第一個,
and then we”ll use it to sell oth'ers.
然後我們再利用它來銷售其他的。
Doyou rea'lly mean it?
説的可是當真?
I rea'lly mean it.
當然是真的。
It”s a sim'ple i`dea',and it will work.
這主意很簡單而且一定可行。
You can cer'tainly design' dresses.
你確實很能設計服裝。
I knowthat.
我知道。
And there”s no rea'son why you ca'n”t do it from your home.
而且也沒有理由不可以在家裏做。
I”m so excite'd!
我好興奮!
I ca'n”t wait to tell Rich'ard!
我簡直迫不及待想告訴理查德!
If I had a ba'by like Max,
假如我有一個像麥克斯這樣的寶貝,
I”d want to stay home and be near him all the time,too.
我也要整天都在他身邊。
You”re ma'king the right decis'ion
你做了一個正確的決擇
for Max and for your self too,Mari'lyn.
為麥克斯,也為自己,瑪麗蓮。
It all sounds so ea'sy.
一切聽起來竟是如此簡單。
Now the hard work begin's.
艱苦的工作現在開始了。
Would you like to see som'e of my design's that I”ve been wor'king on?
想不想看看我正在設計的一些服裝?
I”d lov'e to.
我想看。
Ooh! Oh,that ”s won'derful!
噢!噢,太好了
Ooh
噢……